Friday, March 25, 2022

One Of My First Cards


 I found this picture recently of one of the first cards I ever made. It's amazing how much I've improved since 2018.  Not that this card is bad, but I can think of several things I would do differently if I made this card today.

To start, I would probably distress the edges of the gingham scrapbook paper with ink.  That often creates a better visual effect than the clean edges do.  

Also, I might choose different bling.  I'm over my sequin phase.  I prefer pearls or gems over sequins these days.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with sequins, I just prefer pearls and gems.  Who knows what I'll like next week?

Finally, I wouldn't use the textured paper as the mat.  This is another phase I've out grown.  I prefer smooth cardstock over textured cardstock for mats.  I do like textured cardstock for focal die cuts though.

Please let me know what you think of this card and what you would do the same or different, in the comments below.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Spring 2024 Card Maker's Success Summit is right around the corner...

Forget generic dollar store cards… 👎 Your family and friends deserve something truly one-of-a-kind! That’s why I’m thrilled to announce t h...